Full-Time Adult Classes
32.5 Hours of Training Per Week
Why the James Rumsey Technical Institute School of Practical Nursing?
- 50 Year History — Oldest Program at JRTI.
- Students receive varied clinical training in the areas of acute care, wound centers, respiratory therapy departments, pediatric units, OB units, medical units, and many others to ensure the most comprehensive training available.
- Over $20,000 of recent renovations in new state-of-the-art equipment, including 12 lead EKG, Cardiac Monitor,
- Realistic Manikins, IV Pump, etc.
- Continued history of high caliber LPN graduates.
- NCLEX pass rate for 2106 graduates was 96%.
Opportunities in the Field
Acute Care Hospitals
Urgent Care Centers
Long Term Care
Medical and Surgical Offices
Travel Nurse Agencies
Mental Health Facilities
NURS 101—Basic Nursing Skills
NURS 102—Anatomy and Physiology I
NURS 103—Personal Vocational Relationships I
NURS 104—Pharmacology & Pathophysiology I
NURS 105—Medical-Surgical Nursing I
NURS 106—Human Growth and Development
NURS 107—Maternal and Newborn Nursing
NURS 201—Anatomy and Physiology II
NURS 202—Pediatric Nursing
NURS 203—Medical Surgical Nursing II
NURS 204—Pharmacology Pathophysiology II
NURS 205—Nutrition and Diet Therapy
NURS 206—Mental Health Nursing
NURS 207—Personal Vocational Relationship II
NURS 208—Geriatric Nursing
The curriculum is an 11-month program that prepares students to take the national nursing board licensing exam (NCLEX-PN) and become licensed practical nurses. The admission process begins in December; at that time potential candidates contact the Learning Resource Center at James Rumsey to schedule mandatory orientation and entrance exams.
Entrance exams take place in April. After passing the entrance exam at the benchmark level, candidates are selected for an interview and, if chosen by the faculty, begin taking classes in July. Average cost of the program is $8,800. Financial aid and grants are available for those who qualify.
Tuition is paid on a semester basis. There are 2 semesters.
There is no refund for the registration fee. No refunds are issued after the 10th day of class. No refund is given for textbooks or tools.
Student Financial Aid
Vocational Rehabilitation, Workforce Development Board, TAA,
VA Rehab., and Pell Grant. Contact Coordinator of Student Services for information
Career Placement Services
The instructor provides tools on interviewing skills, resume writing. A full time Job Placement Coordinator provides assistance with job leads and placement.