Notice of Job Vacancy
DATE: July 8, 2019
POSITION: Part-Time Adult Education Instructor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and provide instruction in core skills (reading, writing, math) based on college and career readiness adult education standards in the context of TASC content areas.
- Integrate employability skills including computer skills and technology into instruction.
- Help students develop career pathway goals and plans.
- Evaluate student learning and develop instructional strategies and individualized learning plans to meet learning goals.
- Provide a supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and that incorporates challenging instructional strategies/content.
- Manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement.
- Administer pre and post assessments.
- Maintain complete and accurate records at each class.
- Participate in staff meetings and professional learning communities
- Valid WV Professional Teaching Certificate or Adult License (Bachelor’s Degree or higher required with a minimum of 2.5 average grade
- Understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners.
- Ability to work with adults with special learning needs/disabilities.
- Strong interpersonal/human relationship skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with adult educators, agencies and organizations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work within established timelines.
- Self-motivated; Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- WV Adult Education pre-service training required.
SALARY: $20.00 per hour
James Rumsey Technical Institute salary schedule
August 1, 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
July 26, 2019
Letters of application with resume of education and experience should be submitted to:
James Rumsey Technical Institute
3274 Hedgesville Road
Martinsburg, WV 25403
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity will be granted to all persons regardless of race, disability, religion, color, age, sex or national origin and no discrimination based upon such factors will be made in salary, promotion, demotion, transfer, or termination of any employee.