Need a High School Equivalency Diploma?
If you have not graduated from high school, the Jill S. Weekley Learning Center offers an option for you to earn your high school equivalency diploma. The TASC test (Test Assessing Secondary Completion), formerly known as the GED, is a high level comprehensive exam. Most students require study time in Math; the Math section of the TASC exam contains geometry, algebra, functions and other high level Math concepts. You will access educational services that include academic assessment and instruction, TASC test preparation, and assistance registering for the test.
4 Steps to complete High School Equivalency
Step 1: Registration, paperwork, locator assessment (where are you in Math and Reading skills)
Step 2: TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education); specific assessment of Math and Reading skills
Step 3: Study! We have online and in-person resources.
Step 4: TRA (TASC Readiness Assessment); Pass the 5 TRA’s tests (Math, Reading, Language, Science, Social Studies) that simulate the TASC (5 hours)
Career, Certification & Job Training
We offer a wide variety of opportunities for you develop skills that match YOUR career goals!
Today, every job requires at least basic computer skills. No matter what your computer level, we can work with you to help build needed skills.
Computer Essentials Self Study/class
This online, self-guided program will help you gain the computer basics you need for the workplace and prepare you for the more advanced MOS, and IC3 Certification self-study (below).
Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
Prepare to take these MAJOR, nationally recognized certifications by Microsoft.
- Microsoft Word
A computer certification that tests your knowledge of operating systems, networking, digital citizenship, Microsoft Office, RSS fees and more. This is a challenging, 3-part exam but an EXCELLENT certification to have. If you are going to Blue Ridge, this certification allows you to skip an intro class required for many degrees. There are three parts:
- Computer Fundamentals: operating systems, hardware and software
- Key Applications: features of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Access
- Living Online: networks, digital copyrights, browsers and websites
College & Career Navigation Assistance
JRTI-ALC offers assistance to facilitate your transition into college or the workforce. We can help you with the exploration of college options, resume preparation, and job search. College and career navigation assistance is available by appointment only.
Janice Davis – Program Assistant email@example.com
Ann Mueller – Coordinator and Instructor firstname.lastname@example.org
General Adult Education Email – email@example.com
(304) 754-9712 call
(304) 449-6768 call or text
- All students must register for classes, independent study, testing, and individualized instruction.
- All students must wear a mask, wash hands and practice social distancing.
- All policies and rules are updated frequently. We follow Berkeley County Schools guidance with reference to holidays, staff development days and weather closings.
- All students must sign up for Remind.
- https://www.remind.com/join/jrtiae or text @jrtiae to the number 81010