Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology America, Inc is looking for an instructor.
Location: Dulles, VA
Req ID: 8646
The Instructor will conduct programs to train employees or customers on safety, installation, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of machinery and equipment. In doing so, the instructor will utilize the appropriate manuals, specifications, blueprints, and schematics, as well as the necessary test equipment, and hand tools. This position requires the individual to assist in developing training programs, which includes all necessary outlines, lesson guides, handouts, tests, laboratory exercises, and visual aids. In fulfilling this responsibility, he/she will demonstrate his/her knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and troubleshooting as well as instructional development techniques as necessary. The instructor will administer written and practical exams, and shall evaluate each trainee’s performance, providing written evaluations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide classroom instruction to Field Engineers, and other technical personnel, and customers in the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
• Assist in developing student evaluation programs and evaluating each student’s performance.
• Assist in the design and development of the training curricula, ensuring the effectiveness of course objectives.
• Assist in writing and maintaining service and training documentation to best reflect service requirements.
• Conduct on-site training of Field Engineers to enhance their capability in a customer environment.
• Assist in the development and implementation of an effective Training Critique and Evaluation program between field personnel and the Training department.
• Perform administrative tasks as necessary to support the students during training.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA degree-preferred with 3+ years related experience required. Experience should include both platform time as well as course development time.
• Experience developing computer based training is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels.
• A good understanding of the requirements of a field service organization is strongly preferred
• The candidate should possess excellent computer skills relating to both hardware and software.