Notice of Job Vacancy
DATE: July 8, 2021
POSITION: Secretary II
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Description and Tasks:
- Completing records and reports accurately and on schedule.
- Handling routine correspondence accurately and efficiently.
- Performing general clerical tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Operating office machines such as computer, copier, fax machine, and multi-line telephone effectively and carefully.
- Receiving callers and referring them to the proper person pleasantly and promptly.
- Performing additional, reasonable job-related responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor or director.
A Secretary II maintains positive work habits by:
- Adhering to appropriate safety, hygiene, and health standards and maintaining safety of work area.
- Adhering to schedules; being punctual.
- Demonstrating flexibility and adjusting to change.
- Adhering to implementing new responsibilities and assignments.
- Working cooperatively with the educational team as well as demonstrating courtesy and tact in interpersonal relations.
- Using good judgment and making sound decisions.
- Adhering to all school, county, and state policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating dependability.
- Understanding and implementing the job description.
- Performing additional, reasonable, job-related responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor or director.
A Secretary II maintains or upgrades skills by:
- Working toward self-improvement.
- Reacting favorably to constructive criticism.
- Attending in-service meetings.
A vacancy exists for a Secretary II to serve James Rumsey Technical Institute. The successful applicant is required to have a high school diploma or GED/TASC. Employees, regular and substitutes, who have not held the classification of Secretary, will be required to pass the state developed secretarial competency test. Arrangements will be made to test applicants. WVEIS experience preferred.
James Rumsey Technical Institute/Berkeley County Service Personnel salary scale, pay grade E, based on years of experience.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
July 15, 2021
Letters of application with resume of education and experience should be submitted to:
Donna Van Metre
James Rumsey Technical Institute
3274 Hedgesville Road
Martinsburg, WV 25403
Equal employment opportunity is granted to all persons regardless of race, disability, religion, color, age, sex, or national origin, and no discrimination based upon such factors will be made in salary, promotion, demotion, transfer, or termination of any employee.