If you are registered for the Academy, you will receive the following information via email:
The faculty and staff of James Rumsey Technical Institute are very excited to host your child at our JRTI Summer Career Academy on August 10, 11 and 12, 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for students to explore various career pathways as they are making decisions about their future.
- In order for this time to be safe and successful please read this information with your child.
- The academy is from 9:00 – 2:30. Students may ride the bus from designated schools or be dropped off at the side JRTI left side entrance.
- Students being dropped off/picked up – Student arrivals are between 8:45 and 9:00. Students must be picked up by 2:45.
- Per Governor Justice’s guidance starting June 20, 2021, face coverings are not required in schools classrooms and offices. I would strongly encourage all persons, whether fully vaccinated or not to continue wearing a mask and practicing social distancing. While this is a personal choice, I’m encouraging the use of face coverings for personal and group safety. Masks will be available.
- By federal order, masks continue to be required on school buses.
- Students riding the bus – See bus schedule at the end of this letter. A parent or guardian must be at the drop off site when the bus arrives.
- Bring a packed lunch and water daily. Pack food that does not need refrigeration.
- Wear school appropriate t-shirt, shorts or jeans, closed toed shoes that may get dirty or dusty. FOR SAFETY REASONS, NO SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS OR OPEN-TOED SHOES.
- Medication forms – If your child needs to receive medication while he or she is at JRTI, the medication form signed by the physician and the medication must be delivered to JRTI prior to the academy. These must not be sent with the student. This includes any over the counter medications, cough drops, etc.
- If your student needs special documented accommodations, please contact MaryAnne Sullivan-Scott at email@example.com.
Should you need further information please contact Donna Van Metre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tentative Bus Schedules
Berkeley County School Departure Times
- 8:15 Musselman High
- 8:15 Spring Mills High
- 8:30 Martinsburg High
- 8:30 North Middle School
Berkeley County Drop Off Times
- 2:45 Martinsburg High
- 2:45 North Middle School
- 3:00 Musselman High
- 3:00 Spring Mills High
Jefferson County – this may be a bus or a van
Jefferson County – Tentative Departure Times
- 8:15 Washington High
- 8:30 Jefferson High
Jefferson County Drop Off Times
- 3:00 Jefferson High
- 3:15 Washington High