The Practical Nursing department recommends beginning the enrollment process early to prepare for the ATI TEAS entrance examination. All ATI TEAS scores must be received by the Nursing Department by 4/1/22 to be considered for the 2022-2023 class.
How to enroll in the Practical Nursing Program
DO YOU MEET THE PREREQUISITES?
- Must be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or WV-accepted equivalency diploma.
- Must be in good physical health as evidenced by a physical examination prior to the first day of class. A drug screen is required in addition to a criminal background check. Information given after acceptance at New Student Information session.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- Fill out an online application.
- TABE test. Contact the Learning Center at 304 754-9712 to schedule.
- Attend Zoom information session. (Pre-registration not required – see website for dates/information.)
- Complete your application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is a requirement for receiving Federal Financial aid (PELL grant). JRTI school code is (008355).
- Take the TEAS VI (entrance exam) to evaluate your academic (reading, math, science. language) skills. TEAS VI test sign up information is provided by Learning Center after completion of the TABE test.
- Interview. Testers who meet benchmark scores (69% Reading and 58.7% overall) on the TEAS will receive a letter to interview.
- Await an acceptance letter.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Attend mandatory New Student Information session.
- Obtain a medical screening, background check, BLS certification (AHA CPR and AED only), drug screen, up to date immunization records(s) and provide proof of health insurance. You will receive information during the New Student Information session about where and how to have these performed.
- Complete ALC Health Science Bridge course offered in the James Rumsey Learning Center.
- Complete Medical Terminology course offered by the James Rumsey Learning Center.