Notice of Job Vacancy
DATE: November 19, 2021
POSITION: Culinary Arts Lab Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise cooks.
- Maintain the safety, sanitation and hygiene standards.
- Implement control on quality along with consistency of every eatable item served.
- Involve in ordering and receiving ingredients required in kitchen.
- Control, maintain and manage kitchen inventory and food supplies.
- Ensure all ingredients for preparing food are in right supply on time.
- Support and facilitate control on food cost.
- Convey clearly any maintenance of kitchen equipment and other security problems.
- Prepare on time items from approved menu for food truck, school events or catering.
- Utilize service of direct preparation or supervision of cooks as required.
- Develop and maintain professional relations with vendor.
- Gather data, compile, review and submit essential reports.
- Inspect and ensure best functioning of all kitchen equipment is as per given manufacturer’s instructions.
- Coordinate with chefs’ supervision of cooks and helpers directly including to schedule and ensure adequate coverage of cooks for events.
- Supervise students in the absence of the chef.
A vacancy exists for a part time culinary arts lab supervisor to serve ACE Culinary Arts as well as, ProStart programs at James Rumsey Technical Institute. The successful applicant is required to have a high school diploma or GED/TASC and a certificate or degree from an accredited culinary program. Candidates should be able to stand for a minimum of eight hours, be able to lift fifty pounds, and posse a recognized management level sanitation certificate.
$15.00 Per Hour
December 1, 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
November 25, 2021
Letters of application with resume of education and experience should be submitted to:
Donna Van Metre
James Rumsey Technical Institute
3274 Hedgesville Road
Martinsburg, WV 25403
Equal employment opportunity is granted to all persons regardless of race, disability, religion, color, age, sex, or national origin, and no discrimination based upon such factors will be made in salary, promotion, demotion, transfer, or termination of any employee.