Notice of Job Vacancy
DATE: January 1, 2023
POSITION: Adult Education Instructor—Part-time hourly (James Rumsey Technical Institute Adult Learning Center)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct students in basic skills, high school equivalency, life-coping skills, workforce preparation, college-placement, and computer skills.
- Administer/interpret appropriate assessment instruments when necessary.
- Conduct confidential student interviews.
- Utilize a variety of instructional methods and materials that meet individual student needs.
- Apply accommodations for students with special learning needs and make referrals for diagnosis and special support service when appropriate.
- Work effectively as a member of an educational team.
- Demonstrate self-control and exhibit an attitude of mutual respect with colleagues and program participants.
- Exhibit ethical behavior and demonstrate good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and create a positive learning environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively with personnel from other agencies.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information as outlined in section four of the Instructor Handbook.
- Participate in at least the minimum required Core and Elective professional development sessions per year depending on the number of hours per week of employment. Requirements are adjusted annually according to the Instructor Handbook.
- Maintain applicable teacher licensing as per the WVDE Department of Teacher Certification guidelines, policies and requirements.
- Professional teaching certificate (preferred) or eligible for an adult license for Adult Basic Education (four-year college degree – minimum of 2.5 GPA in original course work; a minimum of 3.0 in course work used in maintenance of certificate or adult license).
- Prior experience in teaching adults preferred.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of adult learners preferred.
- Computer instructional skills required.
- Effective oral/written communication skills required.
- Experience with software management systems preferred.
- Ability to provide basic academic skills, job-readiness, and life-coping skills to adult learners required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other agencies and organizations.
Resume Must Include:
- List of educational institutions attended, course of study, dates attended, and certificates earned.
- List of employers for the past ten years, including address and name of immediate supervisor(s).
- Description of responsibilities/work experiences in previous employment.
- Alignment of work experience with posted Job Description.
- List of at least three (3) references including addresses and telephone numbers.
The position is dependent upon funding, enrollment and program performance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
February 3, 2023
Letters of application with resume of education and experience should be submitted to:
Adult Education Coordinator
3274 Hedgesville Road
Martinsburg WV 25403
Or email email@example.com
JRTI JSW ALC WILL GRANT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, AGE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN AND NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON THESE FACTORS WILL BE MADE IN THE SALARY, PROMOTION, DEMOTION, TRANSFER, OR TERMINATION OF ANY EMPLOYEES.