Follow these steps to enroll in the Practical Nursing Program.
Do you meet the prerequisites?Step 1
Must be 18 years old.
Have a high school diploma or WV-accepted equivalency diploma.
Laptops are required.
Have a transcript of all previous education.
What to do nextStep 2
- Attend a mandatory orientation. Call the Jill S. Weekely Learning Center to schedule your orientation. 304-754-9712
- Take the TEAS (basic skills test) to evaluate your academic (reading, math, etc.) skills.
- If you scored the desired % on the TEAS, you will receive an interview letter.
- Await an acceptance letter.
- Fill out an application, and pay the registration fee.
Final stepsStep 3
Attend mandatory New Student Luncheon.
Obtain a medical screening, background check, CPR certification (AHA Healthcare Provider only), drug screen, and provide proof of health insurance. You will receive information during the New Student Luncheon about where and how to have these performed.
JRTI administers the Pell Grant, NOT student loans. Applicants may complete the FAFSA during the enrollment
Pell Grant-eligible applicants should contact Wendy Reeves, Office of Student Services when they receive JRTI acceptance notices so that the financial aid funding can be processed.
There is no refund for the registration fee. No refunds are issued after the 10th day of class. No refund is given for textbooks or tools.
Click here to download a printable PDF of these instructions.