How Can We Help?
Do you meet the prerequisites?
- Must be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or WV-accepted equivalency diploma.
- Students must be in good health, able to lift approximately forty pounds, bend, and stand on concrete floors for up to six hours a day.
What to do next
- Fill out an application online. The registration fee will be deferred until you have been accepted into the program.
- Take the TABE (basic skills test) to evaluate your academic (reading, math, etc.) skills. Call the Jill S. Weekley Learning Center to schedule your test. 304-754-9712
- Submit a copy of your driving record.
- Complete your application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is a requirement for receiving Federal Financial aid (PELL grant). JRTI school code is (008355).
- Meet with the instructor for an interview. You can contact the instructor via email from the Automotive Technology program’s page on our website.
- The instructor will contact you to inform you if you have met the requirements and have been accepted into the program.
- If you have been accepted, you will need to pay the registration fee to reserve your seat in the program.