Do you meet the prerequisites?
- Must be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or WV-accepted equivalency diploma.
- Electricians are required to work from ladders and scaffolding, lift loads up to 40 pounds, and stand for long periods of time on concrete floors. Students are required to have the strength and physical endurance to accomplish these tasks.
What to do next
- Fill out an application. The registration fee will be deferred until you have been accepted into the program.
- Take the TABE (basic skills test) to evaluate your academic (reading, math, etc.) skills. Call the Jill S. Weekley Learning Center to schedule your test. 304-754-9712
- Complete your application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is a requirement for receiving Federal Financial aid (PELL grant). JRTI school code is (008355).
- Meet with the instructor for an interview. You can contact the instructor via email from the Electrical Technician program’s page on our website.
- The instructor will contact you to inform you if you have met the requirements and have been accepted into the program.
- If you have been accepted, you will need to pay the registration fee to reserve your seat in the program.