Table of Contents
Do you meet the prerequisites?
- Must be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or WV-accepted equivalency diploma.
- A laptop is required.
- Provide transcript(s) of all previous education.
What to do next
- Fill out an application.
- Attend a mandatory orientation. Call the Nursing Department at 304 754-7925 to schedule.
- Complete your application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is a requirement for receiving Federal Financial aid (PELL grant). JRTI school code is (008355).
- Take the TEAS VI (entrance exam) to evaluate your academic (reading, math, science. language) skills.
- Testers who meet benchmark scores (69% Reading and 58.7% overall) on the TEAS will receive letter to interview.
- Await an acceptance letter.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Attend mandatory New Student Luncheon.
- Obtain a medical screening, background check, CPR certification (AHA Healthcare Provider only), drug screen, up to date immunizations record(s), and provide proof of health insurance. You will receive information during the New Student Luncheon about where and how to have these performed.
- Complete Medical Terminology course the Monday before class begins.