Do you meet the prerequisites?
- Must be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or WV-accepted equivalency diploma.
- A laptop is required.
- Provide transcript(s) of all previous education.
What to do next
- Fill out an online application.
- TABE test. Contact the Learning Center at 304 754-9712 to schedule.
- Attend orientation. (Pre-registration not required – see website for dates)
- Complete your application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is a requirement for receiving Federal Financial aid (PELL grant). JRTI school code is (008355).
- Take the TEAS VI (entrance exam) to evaluate your academic (reading, math, science. language) skills.
- Interview. Testers who meet benchmark scores (69% Reading and 58.7% overall) on the TEAS will receive a letter to interview.
- Await an acceptance letter.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Attend mandatory New Student Information session.
- Obtain a medical screening, background check, CPR certification (AHA Healthcare Provider only), drug screen, up to date immunizations record(s), and provide proof of health insurance. You will receive information during the New Student Information Session about where and how to have these performed.
- Complete Medical Terminology course the Monday before class begins.