How Can We Help?
Do you meet the prerequisites?
- Must be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or WV-accepted equivalency diploma.
- Must be in good physical health as evidenced by a physical examination prior to the first day of class. A drug screen is required in addition to a criminal background check. Information given after acceptance at New Student Information session.
What to do next
- Fill out an online application
- Complete your application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov. This is not a James Rumsey Technical Institute Requirement, but it is a requirement if you plan to receive Federal Financial aid (PELL grant); you cannot receive a PELL grant without having first completed your FAFSA. JRTI school code is (008355).
- Go to www.atitesting.com to register and pay for the TEAS 7 test offered at James Rumsey Learning Center (select dates November 2022 – early March 2023).
- Complete TEAS 7 entrance exam (Nursing Department must receive official scores by 3/17/23 for 2023-24 class). Benchmark Reading score 69%, Overall score 58.7%
- Interview email yes/no. Testers who meet benchmark scores are guaranteed to receive an email to interview.
- Yes/no acceptance email
- Pay the registration fee
- Complete TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) in the Learning Center. Receive Medical Terminology login upon completion of TABE.
- Attend required new student information session 5/10/2023. Information session topics include requirements such as medical screening, background check, BLS certification (AHA CPR and AED only), drug screen, up to date immunization records(s), proof of health insurance, etc.
- Complete financial aid process with financial aid/guidance counselor
- Complete Bridge course offered in the Learning Center May 2023 (dates to be determined).
- Complete online Medical Terminology course offered by the James Rumsey Learning Center
- Pay tuition/fees (July 2023 – dates to be determined)