NEW TEACHER ORIENTATION PROCEDURE
The following is an outline of the new teacher procedures: Each year, the following information is provided to the new teachers:
- Orientation to computer systems
- Computer login – Ron Odom
- Email – Ron Odom
- Online Grading System – David Morgan
- Special Education/General Information/Process for Special Education Services
- Mary Anne Sullivan (high school),
- Ann Mueller (adult students)
- GOTO Personnel
- Mentor – to be assigned
- Computer Problems – Ron Odom
- Supply Needs – Kathy Morgan (adult students)
- General Questions – mentor or the appropriate assistant principal
- Student Services
- Student Handbook – online
- Special Services – Ann Mueller
- Health and Medical – Each student is responsible for his/her own medical insurance
- Classroom Management – Policy 4373
- Curriculum – GOTO person for questions – Kathy Morgan/Mentor
- Tour of the Building – Administrator/Mentor
- Classroom – time for setting up the rooms
- Emergency Exits
- Additional Shelters – Truck Driving/Diesel Building
- Teacher Handbook
- School Calendar
Staff Orientation Procedure
E-mail. Never give out your password if asked to do so! They are scams!!!
Lesson Plans – due every Monday by 8:00 a.m. Electronic copies only!
Orange sheets. Student Absences. Turn in to Dianna Blake.
- Emergency Guides (Pink sheets) – please post
- National Shop Safety Inspection Checklist – complete and submit to me electronically.
- Maps – mark the escape route and post.
- Make copies of the original. I can also e-mail your personal requisition form to you. Let me know.
- Return requisitions to me for approval/signature
- Beginning balance is shown on the lower left-hand side
- DO NOT BUY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU FILL OUT A REQUISITION AND IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED WITH A PURCHASE ORDER!!
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) –
- Make copies,
- Hand out a copy to students. Have them read, sign the last page, and submit it (last page only) to you.
Syllabus – Update and submit an electronic copy to me.
Website – Let me know if any changes are necessary.
Action Plans (Goals) – Give a copy to Donna Van Metre. She will go over the Action Plan in more detail.
Emergency School Lockdown – will take place sometime in September. Letters are to be given to students the end of August/beginning of September.
Teacher handbooks are on the jump drive.
Highlights of the Handbook
- Grading Periods
- Lesson Plan Template
- Emergency Information. If there are any changes from last year, fill out and return to Karen Light.
- Cutoff Dates for School Funding
- Night Class Forms – for those of you interested in teaching a class in the evening. Return form to Dianna Blake.
- Postsecondary Calendars including PNs, Truck Driving, and high school (previously emailed)
- Pay Scales
- School Closing/Delays – Teachers
- Daily Time Schedule
- Medication Use Form
- Self-Declaration of Disability
- Request for Program Modification (Collect and return 3 copies to me)
- Adult Consent and Waiver (for your students to sign)
- School Closing/Delays – Students
- Student Authorization to Release Information to Parents/Guardians
- National Technical Honor Society Requirements – memo
- Student Withdrawal Forms
- Truck Driving Schedule
- Student Handbook Contract for Students
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Policy
- Parental Consent and Waiver Form
- Medical Leave of Absence Request Form
- Forms that may be found in the front office
- Activity Request Form
- Field Trip Request Form
- Request to Attend a Conference or Meeting
- Accident Report
- Application for a Medical Leave of Absence (Students)
- Repairs for Network Problems – Ron Odom
- Return updated roll sheets to Dianna Blake no later than lunchtime today!