James Rumsey Technical Institute has a plan for administering, evaluating and utilizing data collected from postsecondary students to analyze the effectiveness of Student Personnel Services.
Goals and Objectives:
The data, which is collected annually, is utilized for school improvement in areas of need as determined by the completed surveys.
Student Services Personnel: James Rumsey Technical Institute has on staff several members for student services. The following is a list and brief description of their services.
Student Services Coordinator
- PELL Grant assistance
- FASFA assistance
- Scholarship assistance
- General academic and career counseling
- Credit Transfer assistance
Work Based Learning Coordinator (Experiential Learning)
- Internship mentoring
- Career counseling
- Job placement assistance
Adult Basic Education Director
- Academic support
- Certification testing (WorkKeys)
- General career counseling/support
Activities to Achieve Objectives:
Enrollment Survey: Postsecondary students are given a brief survey in the beginning of the course pertaining to reasons for attending James Rumsey Technical Institute and how they heard information about the school/program of study. This information is evaluated by student services and administration to determine the effectiveness of the school’s publicity, marketing, and advertising in attracting students. Collected data is presented to school administrators, advisory council, and staff for feedback and suggestions for areas of improvement.
Student Satisfaction Survey: Postsecondary students are given two (2) evaluation program surveys to evaluate James Rumsey instructors and programs (textbooks, equipment, materials, and instructor.) The surveys are given annually upon student completion or withdrawal of a program. Information is evaluated by the administration and student support services and then shared with the appropriate staff member for program improvement. The information is also used to create staff development programs for the entire staff in areas of improvement. 2
- Enrollment survey is given by the instructor to incoming students within the first (1st) week of the course.
- Student Satisfaction Survey is given by the postsecondary (Adult CTC) administrator(s) the last week of instruction.
- Administrator(s) compile data collected from Enrollment survey for the purpose of recruiting/marketing. This data is shared with the Guidance and Public Information Leadership committee, Administrative Council, and the Local School Improvement Council (LSIC) and staff after the data