How Can We Help?
James Rumsey Technical Institute does not allow the transfer of students between programs.
The Practical Nursing program is the only course of study that maintains a policy for the transfer of credits earned at another institution.
Students who have successfully completed college coursework in Anatomy and Physiology, Human Growth and Development, Nutrition, and/or Pharmacology may be eligible to receive credit. The following is the policy listed in the Practical Nursing Handbook:
Transfer of Credits Policy – Practical Nursing Only
Students who have successfully completed college course work in Anatomy and Physiology, Human Growth and Development, Nutrition, and/or Pharmacology may be eligible to receive credit for such course work provided the following conditions are met:
- The student must have achieved a letter grade of “B” or higher or a numerical grade of 80% or higher.
- The course work must have been completed sometime within the last two (2) years (i.e., fall of 2006 is cut off for 2008 – 2009 class).
- The student must provide an official transcript and a course description for the classes to be considered. Deadline to request consideration is June 15 for first semester courses and November 15 for
- The college or university from which credits are being transferred must offer at least an Associate Degree in Nursing and/or other related health sciences.
Please note that, because tuition is charged for the program and not for individual courses, there is no tuition adjustment for courses that meet the preceding criteria. Refer to tuition costs.
Students who meet the criteria for transfer of credit:
- Understand that they are responsible for course content and are encouraged to audit the course(s) for which they are transferring credits.
- Understand that a letter grade will transfer to their James Rumsey Technical Institute transcript/permanent record card; however, the grade cannot be included in numerical grade averaging.
- Are responsible for checking with the class instructor on a weekly basis to confirm class schedules and times for other required classes.