Many James Rumsey Technical Institute students have achieved success in our local community as well as afar. Read a few of their stories on how they achieved career success in rewarding medical, trade and business industries.
RB Henry, Vice President
Currently working for Miller Automotive Group
Educational Background : James Rumsey Technical Institute
RB Henry pursued his interest in automotive technology at JRTI and graduated from the high school Automotive Technology program. He was one of the first hires in Miller Automotive Motorcycle Shop and then moved on to work as a mechanic when Miller Automotive opened a shop in Winchester, Va.
He returned to Martinsburg as a service manager when Miller Automotive opened another dealership. RB Henry is now one of four Vice Presidents for the Miller Automotive Group where he is in charge of Service for all of their dealerships. He has continued to support JRTI by employing graduates and by supporting students through various SkillsUSA contests.
Josh Renner, Network Technician II
Currently working for RackSpace
Educational Background : James Rumsey Technical Institute, Blue Ridge Community and Technical College
Josh Renner followed his passion in Information Technology by studying Cisco, Certified Internet Webmaster and Oracle at JRTI. He obtained certification in CCNA, Network+ and A+ while taking advantage of JRTI programs in conjunction with courses offered at Blue Ridge Community and Technical College. Josh Renner is working for RackSpace, a Managed Cloud Company, in Sterling, Virginia.
At James Rumsey Technical Institute, We “Grow Our Own.”
JRTI has graduated many successful students who have now returned to serve the Institute as Faculty and Staff.
- Andrew Albright (Welding Instructor) – graduated from the Welding Program
- Cliff Arntz (HS Electrical Technician Instructor) – graduated from the Electrical Technology program
- Dianna Blake (Secretary) – graduated from the Office Computer Program
- Jim Breeden (Truck Driving Instructor) – graduated from the Building Construction and the Truck Driving Programs
- Dan Lewis (substitute Electrical Instructor and former Electrical Technician Instructor) – graduated from the Electrical Program
- Donnie Mason (Custodian) – graduated from the Ag Mechanics Program
- Kathy Morgan (Assistant Principal) – graduated from the Business and Education Program
- Richard Morgan (Custodian) – graduated from Electrical and Electromechanical Technology Programs
- Ron Odom (Cisco and Informatics Instructor) – Electronics Technology Program
- Michael Pheasant (Custodian) –NEC Code class and Forklift Class
- Rodney Strawderman (Work Based Learning Coordinator and former Automotive Instructor) – graduated from the Automotive Technology Program
- Jason Ware (Graphic Design Instructor) – graduated from the Graphic Design Program